Friday, June 29, 2012

The Active State of 'Being...'


The Active State of ‘Being’__Active State Control Over ‘State of The World’ Actions…

"This is an imperfect view of the application which those conceptions find which, according to our analysis, are the most fundamental conceptions in the sphere of logic." C.S. Peirce
“Two things here are all-important to assure oneself of  and to remember. The first is that a person is not absolutely  an individual. His thoughts are what he is "saying to himself,"  that is, is saying to that other self that is just coming into life in  the flow of time. When one reasons, it is that critical self that one is trying to persuade; and all thought whatsoever is a sign,  and is mostly of the nature of language. The second thing to  remember is that the man's circle of society (however widely or narrowly this phrase may be understood), is a sort of loosely  compacted person, in some respects of higher rank than  the person of an individual organism." Charles S. Peirce

“The elements of every concept enter into logical thought at the gate  of perception and make their exit at the gate of purposive action;  and whatever cannot show its passports at both those two gates is to be arrested as unauthorized by reason.” C. S. Peirce

Is the world we experience every day, really the world we see, I mean really see when we explore the depths of our curiosities…? I awake in the morning, look out my door and see a calm lake, clear blue skies, tall pine trees, birds and squirrels, campers and people walking about, but upon reflecting a while I find myself drifting into the abstractions of my older wanderings. I may think about the home I’m planning purchasing, a trip to pass the day, an old idea I may have been earlier thinking about, and from there it can go to all sorts of depths of my histories and experiences__but, what always strikes me the deepest are the philosophical visions I’ve had and am always having about the world__and what it really all means to me. I attend seminars, conferences meetings and readings all around the East Coast, economic oriented, physics, globalization and philosophy also__but, what always comes back to occupy my mind the most is some sort of universal philosophizing__either ontological, epistemological, phenomenological, noumenological or mereological, etc., and I’ve even named one of my own, ‘Aneology’__meaning the ‘one of many/many of one’ philosophy, or as also understood as one particular form of eclecticism. It’s my personal favorite, as it covers the older universal understandings in a more unified light, at least in my opinion…

Anyway, how can I begin to make these abstract complexities of my personal experiences of life far simpler to discuss and understand__for a general group of listeners? Let me start out by saying I’m going to try and limit my analysis to Plato’s, Hegel’s, Peirce’s and Heidegger’s universal technes__and especially as I feel, a bit clearer explained by Peirce’s architectonic ontological system, yet his system also does not cover a very important idea, I think, discovered just last Tuesday_6-26-12, at the Camden Philosophical Society’s reading group meeting. I had already commented on another members mention of ‘a sense of history’ being very important, especially as mentioned by Hegel and Heidegger__important in the fact, that all through history, cultures’ ‘senses of history’ have had many ebbs and flows, with differing subjects rising and sinking in importance, all throughout  history__especially the above mentioned branches of philosophy. As to the above branches I’d also mention their embedded interpretations through psychology and logic, subjectivity and objectivivity, empiricality and rationality, individualistic and collective ‘states of the world’ views__and the question always comes to mind of; “Why is it, we’ve never been able to better unite the five senses of common humanity, into a much simpler continuum of understanding…?

Now, after discussing many issues about ‘technology’ and the historiological views of technology in and upon culture, from the Greeks to the present day, and the many dis-agreements arising within the group__really as to being a grounded subject or not, when one of the members mentioned linking it sociologically-governmentally, and this new idea seemed to lift the cloud of philosophizing in an ungrounded vacuum, to allow just the linkage I and he may have been looking for__as I later realized such linkage of historical ‘techne’, architectonics and technology subjects really did require grounding in political sociology to thoroughly ground and explain, just as the Greeks had practiced in years past__the importance of active state control over ‘state of the world’ actions. Not only did this idea offer the bridge I was looking for, it also opened a massive epiphany channel in my brain, about religions_early-on_outlawing of philosophy, thus divorcing philosophy’s, to that time, long gained principles and values__from society, which had also been mentioned by another member in the reading group, and also divorcing our necessary principles and values from government and real power__and further, that this situation has not yet been rectified, as is well evidenced by the partisan political wrangling and gridlock__world-wide, as anyone can attest__which could be drastically changed by renewing philosophy’s original standing of the now clearly needed principles and values for a new civil discourse possibility. So, a meeting I’d thought not very productive, a few days later, turned very productive__as I again studied the architecture and architectonic ideas of the four authors mentioned above, and came to realize all four authors abstract ideas were much closer together and complimentary than I’d ever dreamt possible, before__and the power they possessed to heal old and present wounds seems utterly astounding…

It is now my stated opinion that Peirce’s systematic vision of philosophy, when joined with Plato’s, Hegel’s and Heidegger’s general reasoning’ has a very similar thread of continuity running through them all…(an ‘a priori’ continuity of systems) And this continuity of systems turns out to be much simpler than I’d earlier realized. If we allow a new realization of government’s quasi-necessity to be guided by the old philosophical principles and values again_and I mean truly allow it_we can not only understand philosophy, government and power’s actions much more simply and efficiently, but also see how the normative and nomological laws_through the compliment of common and Greek-Roman laws_of all studies and cultures truly effect and benefit the ontological, epistemological, phenomenological, noumenological, mereological, and even my very own, ‘Aneology’. Where once stood a universal blindness, we can now easily unify the massive historical psychological and logical, subjective and objective, empirical and rational, individualistic and collective ‘states of the world’ views, by simply understanding these many, and usually thought varied natural ‘states of the world’, are thoroughly unifiable opposites of the self-same fundamental ‘a priori’ electro-bio-chemical-conceptual processing agency and its five sense agents__within a single continuum of one mind__being fully capable of all desired and necessary disjunctions and conjunctions__to satisfy all sides and views…

For thorough discussions of this, I would direct you to these web addresses, as understanding ‘a priori’ conceptuality is no simple task, as it takes on much technical expertise, for an article this brief_yet is in truth, very simple once understood:

http://www.iep.utm.edu/peircear/

http://www.iep.utm.edu/nyaya/

http://www.cspeirce.com/menu/library/bycsp/newlist/nl-frame.htm

http://danmahony.com/peirce1891a.htm

The Active State of ‘Being’__Active State Control Over ‘State of The World’ Actions…

No comments: